Thursday 16 May 2013

Schumacher SSC-1000A SpeedCharge Battery Charger and Maintainer with 50-Amp Battery Clips

The Schumacher SSC-1000A works exactly as I thought and hoped it would. I am most satisfied with the purchase and highly recommend the SSC-1000A to others who might be looking for a similar solution. I have used this charger for 3 months now and it is everything I expected and more. The price was great and shipping from Amazon was fast as usual. I use it to charge the batteries on my boat, both the deep cycle and starting batteries. It is small enough to keep on board my boat for camping trips and very lightweight. Wonderful product.

Schumacher SSC-1000A SpeedCharge Battery Charger and Maintainer with 50-Amp Battery Clips, The Schumacher SSC-1000A Ship 'N' Shore SpeedCharge Charger is a versitile, fast and efficient 12-volt battery charger/maintainer suitable for use with a variety of lead-acid battery types used in everything from tractors, motorcycles, jetskiis and snowmobiles, to those found in cars, trucks and SUVs. It features fully automatic microprocessor control; automatic multi-stage charging allowing for ease of use; three charge rates: 2-amp, 6-amp and 10-amp; and the ability to choose the type of battery being charged. Addtiional features include a built-in voltage tester, a desulphation mode, a retractable handle and clamp/cable stowage compartment.


This automatic speed battery charger has a 10-amp fast charge self-adjustment feature which monitors battery condition and adjusts charge rate to prevent battery damage to your car, truck marine and farm equipment, gel cell, and deep-cycle batteries. The 2-amp slow charge helps in charging small batteries and maintaining large ones for motorcycles, snowmobiles, and lawn tractor batteries. It has an easy to read digital meter which displays battery charge status and test results. It weighs 6-lbs and has a retractable handle for easier portability. It is also provided with self-stored cables, system testing capabilities, and electronic push button controls. This item requires special handling for deliveries outside the contiguous US.

Schumacher SSC-1000A is the best battery charger I've ever seen! For the first time I feel like I know that a charger is actually working and at what stage the battery is at in the charging process. I wish that I had bought two of these when they were on sale. I love the digital readout, the compactness of the battery, and the fact that it can handle all types of batteries. I've considered getting a gel cel marine battery for my boat, and this charger will be able to handle it when I do. This is one of those purchases bought on a whim and turned out to be one of the best products that I've ever owned.

This is a great charger for the money. I use it to charge my RV batteries , but a buddy of mine had a battery he had not touched in a year that would not hold a charge. I told him to let me put this charger on it to see what would happen. I was totally amazed that after about 10 mins. of desulfation mode it charged the battery to 100%. Very cool! I figured that battery would have easily been $100 or more to buy. This charger is a great investment! Pull the trigger on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment