Friday 17 May 2013

Battery tender Female Cigarette Adaptor for Quick Disconnect

I bought battery tender 081-0069-8 Female Cigarette Adaptor for Quick Disconnect to power my GPS and Cell Phone on my motorcycle. This product plugged right into my pig tail on my battery. It kept my GPS and Phone charged on my 800 mile road trip well worth the price.

Cig Adaptor-Female for use with Battery Tender quick disconnect features a female cig adaptor that attaches directly to the battery of the motorcycle, Scooter, ATV, boat or other vehicle. The female cig adaptor helps to recharge cell phones, GPS devices or other 12 volt accessories and charge them while traveling or when the vehicle is at rest. 

More information or buy Battery Tender 081-0069-8 Female Cigarette Adaptor for Quick Disconnect

Never in one place long enough to charge a cell phone while on a long bike trip.

Most riders have these Deltran sockets hanging off their batteries, so I ordered an extra socket end and a 12v socket to build one. Genius, I thought. Use what's already wired in to the bike, and create my own charger.

It would solve everyone's issues. Be the hero on your next extended weekend trip with all the guys who need to charge their phone! As I was sharing my project with the group earlier this year, one of them said they saw one at a battery store the previous week.

The parts I bought added up to the price of this item.

The name of this item is a little awkward. The subject; "Your Amazon.com order of "FEMALE POWER PORT" has shipped!" needed a little explaining when it caught the eye of my wife when she glanced at my inbox.

I purchased this charger because I didn't want to hardwire something to my battery. The cord is long enough that I can run it up under the seat for aesthetic purposes and wrap the end around the handlebar for easy access. Works great, and easy to remove if needed. I would definitely recommend this charger.

After figuring out that I could wire a permanent plug on my motorcycle battery to plug in my Battery Tender 021-0123 Battery Tender Junior 12V Battery Charger, and use the included alligator leads as an easy access jump start cable (note: the black becomes positive for the jump battery), it just got better with my discovery of the Power Port. I bought a Griffin Powerjolt Dual Universal USB Micro to slip inside (and it closes securely with the included cap). While on long road trips I can power my GPS, charge my phone, iPod, whatever, without having to install any new electronics or leads; great idea! I have not gotten a lot of use with it, but so far so good.

Buying a Battery Tender has been one of the best purchases I have made in a while. The quick connect on the battery side lends itself perfectly to using accessories like this. This power port is perfect for charging my phone while I'm on my motorcycle. I can easily plug it in, plug the charger in, and put the whole mess in my backpack with the cord snaking out, and ride for hours. I can also run an AC inverter off the plug, and power a laptop when I'm camping on my bike. GREAT product, and a permanent addition to my riding gear.

Tags
battery tender, female battery tender,cig adaptor, battery tender cig adaptor, cigarette adaptor

No comments:

Post a Comment