Thursday 16 May 2013

Battery Tender 021-0128 Battery Tender Plus 12V Battery Charger

For ease of use, The Deltran Battery Tender is an excellent way to charge and maintain the battery on your motorcycle, snowmobile, or even a heavy- duty vibrator, not that I would know anything about that! The kit includes a BMW type plug for machines so equipped, and an SAE adaptor with alligator clips. You can also wire the SAE adaptor right to your bike's battery and have easy access to the plug- in. The battery is maintained in a peak state of charge, with no worries of over charging. I use this to maintain a strong battery charge on a vehicle that rarely gets driven over the winter. I opted to use the quick connector leads so I didn't have to worry about propping the hood up to clear the red and black clamps on the battery terminals. 



 Battery Tender 021-0128 Battery Tender Plus 12V Battery Charger features :
  • Perfect for all lead-acid, flooded or sealed maintenance free batteries (AGM and gel cell).
  • Complete 4-step charging program (initialization, bulk charge, absorption mode and float mode).
  • Automatically switches to float / maintenance voltage after fully charging the battery.
  • If the battery voltage drops too far under load, full charger output power resumes.
  • Temperature compensated to ensure optimum charge voltage according to ambient temperature.
  • Solid state two color LED indicates stage of charger.
  • Spark proof and reverse polarity protected.
  • Includes quick connect harness for use in hard to reach areas.
  • 10 year warranty.
Battery Tender 021-0128 Battery Tender Plus 12V Battery Charger is Great product. After coming home to two drained batteries and a couple AAA visits I ordered another tender and put them to use. Now the car batteries are always topped off and ready to roll. The indicator lights on the battery tender give helpful feedback on charging status. I'm using cigarette lighter plugs to feed the tender power into the cars.

I read the reviews before purchasing this product, and based on those review, I bought it. Completely satisfied! I only drive my car once or twice a month and since I can leave the charger on all the time without damaging my battery, I'm assured that the car will have a full charge.

This is the second Battery Tender we own and use - and easily recommend to others. I bought my first BT about 7-8 years ago and it has been attached to a motorcycle battery since 2003; the new unit we just bought is attached to our tractor. The quick connect harness makes it easy to simply unplug the BT when needed, then reattach when done to restore and maintain the battery in ready state. Thanks to the BT, I have had the same motorcycle battery for 6 years, which is much longer than my friends get with batteries in comparable motorcycles (full size touring models)

Our garage is insulated but unheated (we live in Maine) and these little units keep the batteries safely charged.

The tractor is a diesel, which in the winter I use to clear snow. In the cold weather it is necessary to pre-heat the glow plugs longer before starting, which puts added drain on the battery - and I have 4 extra work lights for night work, which requires most of what the tractor alternator can produce.

However, thanks to the BT, I don't have to worry about a thing. The little green light on the unit indicating the battery is up to charge says to me, "Let's go", and it does.

I highly recommend this charger for those batteries that are not used daily, but that you want to keep ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment